Custom Search

Mar 10, 2009

How to make the most of your time when you have nothing to do.

Some people have asked me how can I live in a country for 2 years without being able to do things, to work, or to go to school, or... whatever. The fact is living in a country as a visitor for 2 years is not an easy thing. It is a challenge that has to be overcame in a daily basis.
But I feel now I am so used to here that would be hard to get used to the life in Brazil again. Things are so different! Since the air, the moisture, the temperature (of course!), the food, the choices in the supermarket, the water, the way people handle conversations.
One thing I simply love here is the university: UBC. It is a great place to learn new things, to see art, and to join interesting lectures (for free!!). Today I went to watch a professor, a geneticist, to talk about the outer membrane of E. coli and how the proteins work in the permeability system. It is so amazing! Thanks to this kind of research we know how to develop drugs that kill those microorganisms. Isn't it amazing?
Well, this is one of the ways I use my time here, while waiting for the beautiful day I will look at the mailbox and find out that I was given freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment